Re: [TR] Learning to drive a TR

To: pcaffrey@ymail.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Learning to drive a TR
From: KingsCreekTrees@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 09:12:30 EDT
Hi Pat; if your niece has been driving for a little while already, but on
an automatic, I think it is going to be very difficult to teach her how to
drive  a manual gearbox correctly. We were in the fortunate position of
owning 45 acres  and when my son was 14 I bought an old wreck of a 4WD with a
standard  transmission, so he could go off in the woods and through the field
whilst  learning how to drive a manual gearbox. He's 21 now and drives a 1982
Volvo 242  (60,000kms from new) with a 4-speed. For nearly a year he has
been trying  to teach his girlfriend how to drive the car, but she just can't
get it.  Maybe it's just her, but I have always felt that the only way to
learn how to  drive a car with a manual gearbox is to not drive an automatic
first.

Definitely, if you want to go through with this they you will need to
borrow or rent manual gearbox car but it will be a long and arduous  process.

Tim

Tim Dyer,  Kings Creek Trees and Ornamentals
427 Kings Creek Road, RR3
Ashton, ON K0A  1B0
Canada
Phone/fax: 613 253 4126 Website: _www.kingscreektrees.com_
(http://www.kingscreektrees.com/)

Proud  member of Landscape Ontario (the Ontario association for
horticulture  professionals), the Canadian Nursery and Landscape Association,
the
Ottawa  Botanical Garden Society, the Carleton Place Horticultural Society and
the  Christmas Tree Farmers of Ontario

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47