[TR] Update on paint fisheye situation..

Subject: [TR] Update on paint fisheye situation..
From: dconnitt at fuse.net (Dave Connitt)
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 11:12:29 -0400
Thanks for all the great suggestions.
I have read that using fisheye eliminator should be a last resort. I still
need to talk to my paint supplier but that will be later this week. It seems
the main cause is contamination and I think I will run that down first. I
was researching on a painting website and one of the comments was that if
you start to use fisheye reducer you have to continue to use it. Someone
suggested to wash the entire surface down with a solution of Dawn
dishwashing soap and water BEFORE I even start sanding. Then sand down to
smooth paint and wash again. Then I have to wait until it is completly dry,
tack rag it and paint. I may not use the degreaser at all...
I used the mid temp reducer that is good from 75 - 90 degrees which is what
I used the last time but it was slightly cooler that first day.
Next weekend is another try..
Thanks again for all the help,
Dave Connitt