[TR] To restore or not restore, that is the question

Subject: [TR] To restore or not restore, that is the question
From: tr3driver at ca.rr.com (Randall)
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 11:07:50 -0700
Kind of depends on what you plan to do with the car, IMO.  A show-winning
"correct" restoration will cost far more than the car is worth.

But if you just want to fix it up as something fun to drive (and get
complimented on), that could be achieved a lot cheaper.  I am constantly
amazed at all the positive comments I get with my TR3 in the condition it's
currently in (paint literally falling off, holes in the leather, no door
panels, etc).  Better than a concours trophy IMO, and it happens frequently
instead of just once or twice a year.

I might have a pair of H4 carbs & intake manifold in the parts bin that
could be rebuilt.  Write me off-list if you are interested.

-- Randall