Re: [TR] SU carb fuel bowl

To: Frank Fisher <yellowtr3@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] SU carb fuel bowl
From: Bud Rolofson <levilevi@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 14:23:05 -0600
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Could switch to ZS carbs. They don't vent they just weep a little in
various places.

Best preventative thing is to keep the fuel chambers clean of stuff
that will cause fuel valves to stick and then flood. One of my pre-
trip tasks especially for long trips is to drop the bottom of the fuel
chambers and clean them out.  The carbs stay on but I gently blow some
air around the underside to get as much dirt as possible out of the
fuel system. I have two fuel filters (one before the fuel pump and one
before the carbs but I still find something in the fuel chamber
bottoms every time I pour the contents into a nice white bowl.

Bud Rolofson

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)
Z-50A Hardly Davidson 1977 Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)
levilevi@comcast.net

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/triumphs-archive@autox.team.net