Re: [TR] X-ray Vision Would be Nice...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] X-ray Vision Would be Nice...
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 17:06:34 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net
In a message dated 7/3/2012 1:26:53 PM Central Daylight Time,
pdqtr6@comcast.net writes:
> Where's Superman when you need him? (Probably off saving Louis from her
> own
> stupidity).

Louis, huh?  Is this the new gay Superman?

> I have a TR6 which has the common problem of blocked passages between the
> engine block water jacket and the drain hole.B  Fortunately, I have the
> head
> off and have managed to "chip" my way through a passage that is drilled
> below
> the rear-most hole that connects the head and block jackets.B My question
> is -
> is this the only drain for the block, or are there some more?B  IOW, is
> there
> a drilling below the next hole foreword, or the vaguely triangular opening
> at
> the back (the other two passages that are adjacent to the one I opened)?

The bottom of the cooling passage is probably full of rust and casting
sand.  I was able to clear mine by removing the valve and reaming the area with
a coat hanger.  After a bunch of crud came out the coolant drained quite
freely.

Dave

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html