Re: [TR] Seeking Herald in Rough Condition

To: William Brewer <wsb1960tr3a@att.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Seeking Herald in Rough Condition
From: Cregg Cowan <cregg.cowan@sri.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2012 07:47:03 -0700
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>, apackard68@att.net
Sender: triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net
Hi Bill,

Thank you very much --- this may be just what we're looking for.

Yes please do take a couple of photos (if not too inconvenient) and
give him my email (cregg.cowan@sri.com) and daytime phone 650 859 2403.

Hope to see you in Flagstaff at Triumphest.

Cregg

William Brewer wrote:
>      There is an abandoned two tone pale blue & white two door Herald
> coup abandoned here in Tehachapi (about 5 or 6 hours from San Jose). I
> have been told that someone cut some of the bodywork to put in a V6 or
> something. I have not looked personally. I did see the car on Ebay,
> but there were no bids. I could stop by and get contact info and take
> some pix for you if you are interested.
>      I could also give the guy your contact information if you send it
> to me.
>
>      Bill in Tehachapi
>
> Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 18:04:20 -0700
> From: Cregg Cowan <cregg.cowan@sri.com <mailto:cregg.cowan@sri.com>>
> To: triumphs@autox.team.net <mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net>
> Subject: [TR] Seeking Herald in Rough Condition
>
> Fellow Triumph Enthusiasts,
>
> Several of us in the San Francisco are Triumph club (Triumph Travelers)
> have gotten interested in Lemons racing, and have been driving with a
> team that campaigns a MGB (sacrilege!).We would like to put together a
> Triumph based Lemons car and our first choice is a Herald, since it is
> somewhat unusual, shares so many parts with widely-available Spitfires,
> and has body-on-frame configuration that is easy to maintain / work on.
>
> Do any of you know of a Herald rusting away under a tree or behind a
> shed?Ideally within ~8 hours drive of San Jose?
>
> Thanks in Advance,
>
> Cregg Cowan, Andy Packard and John Sisler

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums