Re: [TR] Ignition question (and hello!)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Ignition question (and hello!)
From: Malcolm <malcolm@ipatch.ca>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 22:30:18 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=Au4fhNFwFfxeBwnc4MvlKCtuiKcjhq89S9IB6HSwoP8=; b=KlS037xHECfWhcwZT/WzVizhXI9naR8ZS77RT3Armr6oa/m2oqYscVX5c80aY73PeX p07gzpkgQLEuddUlJIKYwn6yaWG+tDNENVMyOnaONGh/OxKWeuu034GH4Xti2QG3PELQ yUDyjk34DeHN5rzPVkLJ16/PpcQpjxWGl3XiU5KV0KJl5GzMnRi+ER8voNe7xkrJvPpM BN/JbRQO9oX4cWhcCyz0IKJatKQlb14lusw6c4MTwf/MBKWmWod4LLidBPuNoBPgNxtd IqGi8U2LBEHnHIrCqZEzosqp9vlfLY+kgkvilhPFYZo8ixRbQmMipMFtyCQiIu4QG/aD d6pA==
Sender: triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net
Thanks all.  Chris, I will probably do this tomorrow.

I filed the points and set the gap today, the car runs a lot better.  Only
an occasional stumble on acceleration.  Also retuned the carbs (rear one
was running rich) and advanced the timing a lot.

I've also bought a new set of points and a condenser.

I'd like to buy a "better" coil, since mine is probably fifty years old.
 Does anyone have any recommendations?

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/triumphs-archive@autox.team.net