Re: [TR] TR3A rear spring "fulcrum" bolt

To: Randall <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A rear spring "fulcrum" bolt
From: Art McEwen <amcewen2@cogeco.ca>
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2012 11:57:08 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Sender: triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net
Thanks all, I'm chasing a banging noise in the rear and I thought maybe the front silent block was perished and allowing the spring to move around on the bolt but it's not that bad so I'm just bolting everything back up. I think what I'll do over the winter is construct a vice to apply inward pressure to the bolt and maybe tighten it every couple of weeks to see if that removes it. I think the noise is the result of the shocks sliding on their mounting bracket holes which have become more slots then holes.