[TR] 57 TR3 compression test results

To: "Triumph Discussion" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] 57 TR3 compression test results
From: "Jeremiah Curry" <jeremiah@curryclan.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 21:41:08 -0600 b73belpZG/RbdQIdSUhKIhTIilt9yY/maSvkfHUv16hSMqA7ZS Bws9w7fuPWpTH4Ykxgk64bYHhO6RxJVylHoN2TY839KjAe6wqu nh+WCHSCNMzIIrhnrcf51pQdf2l0vyyrmn4mLRTn8YVksfwTsr hjtckM+hzzwao4X3EX/UfPOfb4I1runyMo8Kz04eyxVIaJkhLa T66glGtmxx4JpXzYZR7qRH+v+Tlv4+M0zqMm3ZGDcugmYi2Zpb IcxMoOu74/6RhmLYsEK91QTXx4Yaw/aWw+c8GYT+IIsoqjhiBm OLJ2LAX6yFJceP+Nc0ZKqz4PIIY4KaEQ/vtx7qk9e
So for quite a while my 57 TR3 hasnbt run quite right.  It overheated and
had low oil pressure when I drove it from my old house to my new one; blew the
headgasket.  Well, I replaced the headgasked about a year back and it drives,
but I have a lot of fumes coming our the valve cover and it sounds like there
is a knock.  Today I got around to compression testing it and here are the
results:

1. (front) 70

2. 150

3. 160

4. 160

So I guess the next step is to drop the oil pan and take out that piston?

thanks,

Jeremiah

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive