[TR] Speedometer Cable

To: "Triumphs (triumphs@autox.team.net)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Speedometer Cable
From: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 14:03:35 -0400
So, my speedometer is next on the list of things to be fettled...it
bounces around quite a bit.  I've lubricated the cables (sparingly!)
in the past, without much success, so I'm willing to replace them.

So, I know on my spitfire I can buy the UK-spec cable and eliminate
the service counter.  Can I use the early TR6 cable in a 1975 car to
do the same, or is there no advantage/some potential unforeseen
downside?

Or should I just buy the upper and lower cables (on sale now) and be
done with it?

Or should I grow this small problem into a large one by taking apart
and cleaning the instrument itself?  Because I'm not afraid to get in
well over my head...

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

** triumphs@autox.team.net **