[TR] Thanks for the help on Spit vertical link

To: triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net> s=q20140121; t=1411837210; bh=ovsH+UWWYtMNZECGbOB2bQ/8fLP9wpugthrQCzNSxNs=; h=Received:Received:From:Content-Type:Date:Subject:To:Message-Id: Mime-Version; b=EpFyXf6hwMxrFo9IXCjhmK1pOgL6veGHIcurZAujDHn8L4rRsJKmLidsmy3qBJUtK /2hVXINVlsh7C0j2En0RriKcZk/uqFCFIDJXUXwymUTRg/wV8WZxsidj92d9AxDktU +z8+pEhNDblZtOI5VTbf1uhdltigsnGFP/STJywmFdVFo2ssvfC6cX7L6Qto6BpVRF hoDT2nkjQAFxZz5LNblfzzBOjvu+C5Eee/KyaNMUZwIYnm7X2DxUC+24rrLm85zDUT ccf0DMqXqYyPK07aZAwZWWbHBavJ2Tbb5rSD/UdAkns/gnzAWTTBkOP6ngaDxFOCJh H/JiI5aRKxgMQ==
Subject: [TR] Thanks for the help on Spit vertical link
From: Bud R <levilevi@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2014 11:00:08 -0600
List, thanks for all the help with questions about my Spitfire vertical link.
On my second try with a heli coil I got the caliper bolt to hold with the
recommended 65 ft/lbs of torque. The first time I followed the hell coil
instructions and counter sunk the hell coil just a bit. As it turns out the
caliper bolt need those few extra threads at the very top of the hole. I set
the hell coil at the top and there was enough threads to hold the needed
torque. I painted a red stripe on one flat of the bolt head/caliper to easily
check for any movement.

Dont know what got into me with reading and following the hell coil
instructions. That usually doesnt happen.

Love this list,
Bud Rolofson

Extreme Parts Racing (more than just a haircut)

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
71 Spitfire MK IV Race Car #3
69 Spitfire MK III (back up FE engine/dinghy car)
93 Minnie Winnie Race Support Vehicle
77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive