[TR] Kiss of the Cuckoo

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Kiss of the Cuckoo
From: terryrs@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 21:39:08 +0000 (UTC)
Thread-index: AQLz8dfxza9ORQ+7qRN8P4KJdTqt8wHrHhxsmur2qfBcmvsqpQ== s=q20140121; t=1428442748; bh=yyOvr7ekD+tfJGmctoswydXICgZY5Aw5k3nAh2TmM8g=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=jLodj/UySMiyYnzvTEYBc0TwVto9PaT752imTb1cUYwN0cZgYDtEqCaiH2FFyDubH yWl7Q+gVLwc8DbvBGXAGwE2b7Zz6QrruJwEd0Pzjw+zWty5JCF08UMiU0SiVjlyQFI vN3YtH71QjICL/zREUIZR9c8kOM4WGncsKoFzCaP19jxosIs6YCcNQXSRO0gzSTCPy HMr+5WshlkuuBTH4QqBbyJWszAqMZ+Qd3mmWfR+PpEpmZQy2MNb7nYwsFGxcBf5a1D 0ShOyUgNYXbLuZ8wCJbU4gcAb3ysjFN+MkcbaKI5QsS4EEQve9VnxXaVgreDAUFMSU yc+0zXFPd7SdQ==
I believe in my last post I was mentioning how everything in my TR3 had been
sorted much to my satisfaction.  The car was registered.  Yesterday it passed
inspection easily.  I was positively happy and confident as a puppy with an old
stinky sneaker.  I believe I also mentioned having driven my son from San
Fransciso to New Hamsphire, a distance of over 3,000 miles.

The three thousand and tenth mile.  This morning I got ten miles from home to
work in the dark on the first drive in the LBC this season, when a deer jumped
in front of the car and I hit it at 60 MPH.  It was a big deer.  I'm thinking
more proactively about Randall's LED headlight project....

Driver fender and side of the apron very much crunched.

It'll be in the body shop for a while.  That's what I get for baldly stating
how good things were.  Kiss of the cuckoo.

I'm thinking to sue.  That deer must have been inebriated drinking acid water
from the coal fired power plants in the Mid-West.  Just, I doubt that deer's
family is going to step up.

Anyone else have such bumps with drunk critters?

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive