Re: [TR] Fuel Pump Bolt

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Fuel Pump Bolt
From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <tjwakeman@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 15:34:06 -0700
--===============6911135746862950140==
 boundary="------------060600020003040008020602"

--------------060600020003040008020602

On 4/17/15 3:01 PM, David Friedlander wrote:

> I am in the process now of removing the driver's side front fender.
> The captive nuts holding the bolts are not at all 'captivating.' The
> cages lets them spin freely within. Goodbye cages!
If you can get a vice grip wrench clamped on the captive nut cage the
tightly clamped wrench inhibits the thin sheet metal from deforming and
increases your chances of getting the bolt off without damaging the cage.

When I had mine apart I ran a tap through the nuts before reassembly and
used never seize on the new bolts before reassembly.  Any bolts that got
reused also went through a die before reassembly.

I've R&Red my fuel pump a few times over the decades and I just don't
remember it being that difficult of a job.  I wonder what I did?

TeriAnn

--------------060600020003040008020602

  <head>
  </head>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CAJ1eQwh9baF5hwZT+2Uw_qomw-+z=+zEm4mLSHMnB+1rxv7dHQ@mail.gmail.com"
      type="cite">
          ms,sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,153)">I am in the process now of
          removing the driver's side front fender. The captive nuts
          holding the bolts are not at all 'captivating.' The cages lets
          them spin freely within. Goodbye cages!<br>
    If you can get a vice grip wrench clamped on the captive nut cage
    the tightly clamped wrench inhibits the thin sheet metal from
    deforming and increases your chances of getting the bolt off without
    damaging the cage.<br>
    When I had mine apart I ran a tap through the nuts before reassembly
    and used never seize on the new bolts before reassembly.  Any bolts
    that got reused also went through a die before reassembly.<br>
    I've R&amp;Red my fuel pump a few times over the decades and I just
    don't remember it being that difficult of a job.  I wonder what I
    did?<br>
    TeriAnn<br>

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive