[TR] Gas Tax

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Gas Tax
From: Ann Carletta <anncarletta@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 19:23:04 +0000 (UTC)
A good chunk of the cost per gallon comes from taxes that don't change,
regardless of fuel cost.  Pennsylvania has the highest rate of 51.60 cents per
gallon (cpg), and is followed closely by New York (45.99 cpg), Hawaii (45.10
cpg), and California (42.35 cpg). On the other end of the spectrum, Alaska has
the lowest rate at 12.25 cpg, but New Jersey (14.50 cpg) and South Carolina
(16.75 cpg) arenâ??t far behind. These rates do not include the additional
18.40 cent federal excise tax., So Pennsylvanians pay a 70 cents tax on every
gallon and NYers 64.39 while good ole NJ, which is in between the two states
adds 32.9 cents to every gallon (and we're full-serve, no self-serve here!).
Realize your tax on gas can be as high as 25%!  If you have a 20 gallon tank,
you're paying $14.00 in tax every time you fill up in PA!  Once a week brings
you to $728 in taxes a year.

On Tue, 12/15/15, triumphs-request@autox.team.net