Re: [TR] Triumph GT6 Rear Brakes

To: "'Joao Simoes'" <jmbs46@comcast.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Triumph GT6 Rear Brakes
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2016 11:50:00 -0700
> 2- Is there any other car with similar parts I can use or adapt?

I may have followed the links wrong, but it appears that some Dolomite Sprints
used the same rear brake setup as late GT6.  Does
this look right?
http://www.dolomitesprint.com/images/parts_list/pages/02-57.gif

If so, Quiller has the adjusters listed (tho of course that may not mean they
are in stock).
http://www.triumphshop.co.uk/Quiller/PartsCatalogues/Dolomite/Dolomitecatalogue.htm

I didn't found a source for the H-shaped piece (519760), but it doesn't look
too hard to fabricate.
http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-519760
Ordinary mild steel should do fine.

I did find an old post on the Dolomite Club forum where someone said they had
some available a few years back.  A long shot, but
might be worth contacting them to see if they could at least supply dimensions.
 Or you could even join up and ask again.
http://forum.triumphdolomite.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17688&view=previous

-- Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive