[Fot] Aftermarket Rod Question

Subject: [Fot] Aftermarket Rod Question
From: robertlangtr6 at yahoo.com (Robert Lang)
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2018 15:23:55 +0000 (UTC)
Hi,
When installing aftermarket H-beam rods in a TR6 engine, is there an accepted
measurement for the rod beam clearance to the bottom of the cylinder bore? I
noticed that the stock TR6 block has a chamfer in the casting on one side but
not on the other - it looks a little "tight" in there compared to the stock
rods but that's expected due to the difference in the cross section of the H
beam...
I'm just trying to verify if it's accepted practice to mill the pocket there on
the side without the chamfer to make sure there's adequate clearance.
It's also a real beeeeyatch to actually see in there and even more of a pain to
measure. Looks like a job for modelling clay, I would presume.
Feedback and suggestions are most appreciated.
Regards,Bob Lang339-927-4489