[Fot] Important Stuff...

Subject: [Fot] Important Stuff...
From: vangoughv at hotmail.com (Vince G)
Date: Wed, 16 May 2018 16:53:43 +0000
WOW, a big congrats to Joe!

Vince

Amici...

No real need for me to preach to the FOT choir here!  Most all FOT members know
Joe Alexander, our multi-talented, tireless cheerleader, choreographer, and an
FOT founding father.  So no real need indeed.  But then, our Joe does have one
well-known short suit.  Joe lacks an inclination to toot his own horn.  So I
would like to step forward and toot it for him.  Come next month, on June 2nd,
Joe joins a very prestigious group as one of the 2018 inductees into the
British Sports Car Hall of Fame.  This year's group of inductees also includes
other Triumph family members Tom Householder, Joe Huffaker and Bill Piggott.
Our marque is already well represented in the British Sports Car Hall of Fame
by Tony Adamcwicz, Sir John Black, Mike Cook, Robert Johns, Kas Kastner and Bob
Tullius.  And for the record, some of the other folks in the Hall include
Donald Healey, Geoff Healey, Sir William Lyons, Sir Stirling Moss, W.O.
Bentley, David Brown, Colin Chapman, and Carroll Shelby.  No question about it,
Joe is joining some pretty fast company.  Congratulations are certainly in
order.

Incidentally, Householder, is also an FOTer and a long time friend of mine.
Tom is described in one of the British Sports Car Hall of Fame announcements as
a true 'anorak'.  Concerned, that word sent me to the dictionary to ensure it
had nothing to do with sexual perversion.  It does not!  It is actually a noun
that means a warm, hooded, water-proofed garment worn in polar regions.  But
this is the British Sports Car Hall of Fame, and in fact the British have a
special, second meaning for 'anorak'.  They use it to describe an obsessed
enthusiast, when referring to a studious person, especially somebody who is
excessively devoted to a particular hobby or interest. Given Householder's
lifelong obsession with the Swallow Doretti...that description might fits him
like a glove.  Joe Alexander, on the other hand, while dedicated to Triumph, is
more eclectic, and as such not qualified as a 'true anorak'.  He has other
interests.  He keeps threatening to retire from the forefront of Triumph
related activities.  He wants to get on to another phase of his life.  Perhaps
he will, but I am not going to hold my breath.  This Triumph stuff is in his
blood.  At big Triumph gatherings, Joe can be found standing over in the
corner, quiet, but with a big smile on his face.  Dig into the details.  You
will usually find out that the event you're having such a good time at has his
finger prints all over it.  If not the total choreographer, he is usually an
instigator.  He plans ahead, and keeps us focused.  We owe him a lot....and he
deserves to be in the British Sports Car Hall of Fame.

Congratulations!

Bill Dentinger
Horn Tooter

.