[Fot] Important Stuff...

Subject: [Fot] Important Stuff...
From: rjl at gt-classics.com (R. John Lye)
Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 08:41:09 -0400

Congratulations Joe.

John
&nbsp;

On Wed, 16 May 2018 10:08:03 -0400, Bill Dentinger via Fot  wrote:
&nbsp;

Amici...

&nbsp;

No real need for me to preach to the FOT choir here!&nbsp; Most all FOT members
know Joe Alexander, our multi-talented, tireless cheerleader, choreographer,
and an FOT founding father.&nbsp; So no real need indeed.&nbsp; But then, our
Joe does have one well-known short suit.&nbsp; Joe lacks an inclination to toot
his own horn.&nbsp; So I would like to step forward and toot it for him.&nbsp;
Come next month, on June 2nd, Joe joins a very prestigious group as one of the
2018 inductees into the British Sports Car Hall of Fame.&nbsp; This year's
group of inductees also includes other Triumph family members Tom Householder,
Joe Huffaker and Bill Piggott.&nbsp; Our marque is already well represented in
the British Sports Car Hall of Fame by Tony Adamcwicz, Sir John Black, Mike
Cook, Robert Johns, Kas Kastner and Bob Tullius.&nbsp; And for the record, some
of the other folks in the Hall include Donald Healey, Geoff Healey, Sir William
Lyons, Sir Stirling Moss, W.O. Bentley, David Brown, Colin Chapman, and Carroll
Shelby.&nbsp; No question about it, Joe is joining some pretty fast
company.&nbsp; Congratulations are certainly in order.

&nbsp;

Incidentally, Householder, is also an FOTer and a long time friend of
mine.&nbsp; Tom is described in one of the British Sports Car Hall of Fame
announcements as a true 'anorak'.&nbsp; Concerned, that word sent me to the
dictionary to ensure it had nothing to do with sexual perversion.&nbsp; It does
not!&nbsp; It is actually a noun that means a warm, hooded, water-proofed
garment worn in polar regions.&nbsp; But this is the British Sports Car Hall of
Fame, and in fact the British have a special, second meaning for
'anorak'.&nbsp; They use it to describe an obsessed enthusiast, when referring
to a studious person, especially somebody who is excessively devoted to a
particular hobby or interest. Given Householder's lifelong obsession with the
Swallow Doretti...that description might fits him like a glove.&nbsp; Joe
Alexander, on the other hand, while dedicated to Triumph, is more eclectic, and
as such not qualified as a 'true anorak'.&nbsp; He has other interests.&nbsp;
He keeps threatening to retire from the forefront of Triumph related
activities.&nbsp; He wants to get on to another phase of his life.&nbsp;
Perhaps he will, but I am not going to hold my breath.&nbsp; This Triumph stuff
is in his blood.&nbsp; At big Triumph gatherings, Joe can be found standing
over in the corner, quiet, but with a big smile on his face.&nbsp; Dig into the
details.&nbsp; You will usually find out that the event you're having such a
good time at has his finger prints all over it.&nbsp; If not the total
choreographer, he is usually an instigator.&nbsp; He plans ahead, and keeps us
focused.&nbsp; We owe him a lot....and he deserves to be in the British Sports
Car Hall of Fame.

&nbsp;

Congratulations!

&nbsp;