[TR] Testing a J type OD

Subject: [TR] Testing a J type OD
From: tr3driver at ca.rr.com (Randall)
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2018 16:22:09 -0400
I'll bite, what is a Y type OD?

I've tested both A and J with a drill motor on the input, but I don't try to
use the chuck to grab the shaft. Instead, I found a short length of radiator
hose that I could clamp to each of them. No risk of damage to the bearing
surface on the shaft.

Fairly certain it turns clockwise when you're looking at the bell housing
towards the rear; but maybe someone else can confirm?

You can try any forward gear, but the drill turns pretty slow and the OD will
be turning even slower in any gear except 4th. That may affect the results,
especially if it works like a J-type.

-- Randall