Re: [TR] TR-TR3 Fuel Pump

To: Lawrence Schwartz <l1j1s@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR-TR3 Fuel Pump
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahneetr@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2018 16:50:22 -0700
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>

--000000000000682583057578e729

The Haynes manual says 1=C2=BC - 2=C2=BD psi.  I couldn't find that number =
in the STC
manual, just a reference to a 'well-defined spurt'.

It is indeed spurts as the pump cycles - unlike a fuel injection system
that demands a consistent pressure, all you need with SUs is enough to keep
up with demand and not so much that it overcomes the effect of the floats.

In my experience there is a pretty big range (possibly as high as 4 psi)
that works.

On Sun, Sep 9, 2018 at 5:33 AM, Lawrence Schwartz <l1j1s@aol.com> wrote:

> List, With reference to the TR3 mechanical fuel pump has anyone have or
> had problems when replacing the mechanical fuel pump with the PSI? I
> believe the standard mechanical fuel pumps puts out 3.5 of PSI. Correct a=
nd
> advise if i am correct/wrong. Thanks in advance. Larry Schwartz
>
> Sent from my iPhone
> ** triumphs@autox.team.net **

> http://www.team.net/archive

> options/triumphs/ahwahneetr@gmail.com

--000000000000682583057578e729

dn&#39;t find that number in the STC manual, just a reference to a &#39;wel=
cles - unlike a fuel injection system that demands a consistent pressure, a=
ll you need with SUs is enough to keep up with demand and not so much that =
ience there is a pretty big range (possibly as high as 4 psi) that works.</=
 Sep 9, 2018 at 5:33 AM, Lawrence Schwartz <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D=
"mailto:l1j1s@aol.com"; target=3D"_blank">l1j1s@aol.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote=
:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-le=
ft:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">List, With reference to the TR3 mechani=
cal fuel pump has anyone have or had problems when replacing the mechanical=
 fuel pump with the PSI? I believe the standard mechanical fuel pumps puts =
out 3.5 of PSI. Correct and advise if i am correct/wrong. Thanks in advance=
. Larry Schwartz <br>
Sent from my iPhone<br>
** <a href=3D"mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";>triumphs@autox.team.net</a> *=
*<br>