[TR] TR 3 cylinder head

To: Triumph List <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR 3 cylinder head
From: Bob Nogueira <nogera@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2018 01:33:46 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
I I have my TR3 head at a machine shop to have a valve job done. The machinist,
who is good but not familiar with Triumph engines, is concerned about a crack
which was welded up between the two water jacket holes which are between
cylinders two and three. The weld is very good but slightly lower than the
mating face.
When I got home I looked at the head gasket and it has one oblong hole which
takes in both holes and the the weld will easily fall totally within the hole
in the gasket.
1. Am I correct in telling him to not worry about milling the head to correct
low weld issue?
2. Using Terriannâ??s method, the head has been shaved 25 thou. What is the
accepted limit to shave a TR3 head?
Thanks

Bob Nogueira
** triumphs@autox.team.net **