Re: [TR] ZS 175 carbs

To: McGaheyRx@aol.com, triumphstag@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [TR] ZS 175 carbs
From: davgil@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2018 08:00:11 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

------=_Part_26962_1572994433.1538481611008

Thanks Jack,
I didn't have any trouble removing the screw once I could get a screwdriver=
 on it.  The head was so rounded from previous owners, that nothing would g=
rab.  I wound up cutting a slot in the head and using a straight screwdrive=
r and it worked fine.  My challenge was trying to thread an 8 or 10 (I don'=
t recall) 32 screw into the body and found it did not thread beyond a coupl=
e of turns.  I feared it was Whitworth or something else, didn't consider m=
etric.

Thanks for the response.  Another list reader sent me information that they=
 were M5 0.8,and just slightly over 12 mm long, so I believe that an M5 0.8=
 12 would be an acceptable substitute.  I am thinking about going to that w=
ith cap screws so it will be obvious not to use a Phillips on a Pozidriv sc=
rewhead. =20

Best regards,
David Gill

=20