Re: [TR] Wiper Motor Brush assembly

To: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] Wiper Motor Brush assembly
From: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2018 09:59:20 -0400
Cc: "Triumphs \(triumphs@autox.team.net\)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, NET Member Mailing <net@newenglandtriumphs.org>

--000000000000e506060577a3e9b0

On Sat, Oct 6, 2018 at 8:13 PM Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com> wrote:

> Or buy some spring wire and make one from scratch. I've done it in the
> lathe, but you could probably manage with a slow turning drill and a nail
> or similar for a mandrel.

I have a local hardware store (remember them?) that has a couple of drawers
full of replacement springs.  Looks like the spring in question is used to
hold the brushes against the commutator enough so they don't bounce, but
not so much that they grind the brushes away.  A light touch... Finding an
appropriate spring (or something that will work) ought not to be much of a
problem.  Making the "ears" is a trivial exercise left to the reader.  ;)

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

--000000000000e506060577a3e9b0

, Oct 6, 2018 at 8:13 PM Randall &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tr3driver@ca.rr.com"=
te" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"=
it in the lathe, but you could probably manage with a slow turning drill an=
 have a local hardware store (remember them?) that has a couple of drawers =
full of replacement springs.=C2=A0 Looks like the spring in question is use=
d to hold the brushes against the commutator enough so they don&#39;t bounc=
e, but not so much that they grind the brushes away.=C2=A0 A light touch...=
 Finding an appropriate spring (or something that will work) ought not to b=
e much of a problem.=C2=A0 Making the &quot;ears&quot; is a trivial exercis=

--000000000000e506060577a3e9b0--

--===============8392061833357405022==

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

--===============8392061833357405022==--