Re: [TR] TR6 low tension wire

To: fishplate@gmail.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 low tension wire
From: DAVID MASSEY <dave1massey@cs.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 12:41:47 -0400

------=_Part_2349_1925196490.1539621707708

 Nah, they're too easy to make to keep.

Dave Massey

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com>
To: Triumphs (triumphs@autox.team.net) <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Mon, Oct 15, 2018 6:52 am

On Sun, Oct 14, 2018 at 9:40 AM DAVID MASSEY <dave1massey@cs.com> wrote:

 Sure, it's easy to fabricate a zero resistance wire.  At least within the
tolerance of the $10 DVM's H-F sells.  ;-)

If you don't have a drawer full of those that you got for free, you aren't
doing it right.

But seriously, through 72 the TR6 has a 12 Volt coil (internally ballasted) and
there is no intentional resistance in the coil wiring.  From 73 onwards the
used a 6V coil with a ballast wire,  But it is not the wire between the coil
and distributor so in either case a plain copper wire is used.

It took me a long time to wrap my head around the way that system actually
works.  I finally got it, but I've still never actually seen the ballast wire.
Back in the day, I sold plenty of ceramic resistors for Chryslers, but I assume
the wire is buried in the harness somewhere?

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs http://www.team.net/archive