Re: [TR] 61 TR3A SU H6 Carb Issues

To: Jim Henningsen <trguy75@gmail.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] 61 TR3A SU H6 Carb Issues
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 20:00:09 -0700
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=dk12062016; d=earthlink.net; b=HxfPYk9PFZ9YN5puwxoTn/L9Ukt/2irSJsKW4Asd8hVXnYcJJJhQebdBSSHg3x6In9KiGjFRNxKFgOk9g+DhaVBFhVytj5lcqUtBnaVXvTEaZw1ebT1dwGZK6pyz2jNgDZZ6p3Kgocuy7HxF1/05ueGJAeJjdryQvOUoDA5hozmzzZQ2SevkwbBNsqriAE7Fp8zfgE2LIdIAguxrp6qt6lrru57lkDcVfLpKGn1TrAWBlNVbf3ZaV6TGdDtSchg+T/Uxdy2rFtMdVsbBc/OxSd+iGw7/GM1CDJMTiQyUjkNYhkWVqH1eERPyq8CiOVsxf8Nch+t//Tj5bymvABv9sg==; h=Received:Subject:To:References:From:Message-ID:Date:User-Agent:MIME-Version:In-Reply-To:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Content-Language:X-ELNK-Trace:X-Originating-IP;
Jim - I'd check with a club in your area.  See
http://www.mossmotoring.com/british-car-club/ as a sample that came up
in a search.  There is an MG club in your city.  Not sure if any of the
Triumph clubs are near by.  You might be able to find a local club
member to help you out or recommend a local mechanic.

When I got my TR6, I went to a local British mechanic and he got the car
better, but after just a few minutes with a very experienced club
member, the carbs were great.

Brian

On 10/15/2018 4:40 PM, Jim Henningsen wrote:
> Ok, I thought I had this rebuild all nailed down.  Finally got around to
> getting carbs balanced and set for correct mixture.  After new kits, testing
> piston drop timing per John Twist you tube clip (great clip), and spending
> two hours fine tuning air flow and mixture.  The carbs aren't running
> smoothly.  There is something not right and I am throwing in the towel.
> Don't have a reliable mechanic that I trust for this in Ocala.  Any
> recommendations on a rebuilder to send these two to have them checked
> professionally.
>
> Joe Curto?
> Jeff Payla at Paltech - cant seem to get a response from him.
> Buy new (ouch)
> Others?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Jim Henningsen
> Ocala FL
> 61 TR3A  eager to enjoy driving it in fall in Florida
> 62 TR4 eager to have restoration finished
> 75 TR6 eager to have new race motor put in
> 82 Jeep ld reliable - get in and go
> 2002 Triumph Trophy 1200 eager to just get out and be used.
>

> ** triumphs@autox.team.net **

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/bk13@earthlink.net

** triumphs@autox.team.net **