Re: [TR] WAS (no subject) NOW rule of 9 valve adjustment

To: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul1@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] WAS (no subject) NOW rule of 9 valve adjustment
From: "Tony Drews" <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2018 18:08:57 -0600
Cc: "Triumph list Team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
The open valve degree of openness is not critical.  When it looks like
itâ??s starting to close that works.  When doing this using the starter to
turn over the engine Iâ??ll have spots where two valves are largely open, I
adjust both opposing valves then.

You are correct in the math piece - 1 (open) plus 8 (adjust) = 9.

Regards, Tony Drews

On Sun, November 4, 2018 7:46 am, Paul Dorsey wrote:
> Sorry for the interlude as I was getting the house painted, but, I am now
>  on the tr 3 again.  And I was adjusting the valves using the 'rule of
> 9',
> which seems simple enough.  AT TDC valve no.1 is adjusted because valve 8
> is descending, right?  Valve no. 6 is adjusted when valve 3 is open, That
>  is 1+8=9 and 6+3=9, respectively right?  Well, how concerned should I be
>  that valve 8 and valve 3 (in this example) are fully open?
>

> Thanks, Paul Dorsey, TR3  1960
> ** triumphs@autox.team.net **
>

> None at all because you are only adjusting the closed valves, 8&3. Bill
> Sent from my Handspring Treo Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/t
> Paul Dorsey <dorpaul1@gmail.com>
> 8:42 AM (0 minutes ago)
> to Wbeech@flash.net, Triumph Bill, I must 'av said it wrong.  Valve #1 gets
> ADJUSTED because #8 is down
> (or going down), and valve #6 is ADJUSTED because #3 is down(or going
> down).  Honestly it seems I may not have to be at the very peak or zenith
> of the #8 or #3, I think, because, they so rapidly 'fall-off' or change.
> Am I still missing something?
> ** triumphs@autox.team.net **

> http://www.team.net/archive
>

> Unsubscribe/Manage: