Re: [TR] SU needles bent?

To: "'Bud Rolofson'" <levilevi@comcast.net>, "'Triumph list Team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] SU needles bent?
From: "wbeech" <wbeech@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2018 17:38:13 -0600
Bud,
Yes, they should roll flat like a pool cue.  The SU book lists an "ABT"
standard needle for the Spitfire Mk.4 with the HS4 in 1974-76 or 77 depending
on the carb, then an "ADN" for 1977-80.  Interestingly they do not give an
alternate needle to go richer or leaner.  I found an older SU Tuning guide that
lists the "CF" needle as the leaner step for an HS4.

Bill