Re: [TR] Stag fuel pump installation

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Stag fuel pump installation
From: Frank Magnusson <fmags@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2018 14:44:02 -0600
Thanks everybody for the help and the pictures.

What I've found is that the original line routing with the original thin
plastic lines works (barely) even with the egr box.  The pipes on the original
banjo bolts on the pump have a smallish OD and appear to be shorter than the
replacement ones.  So the routing in the ROM just barely works withthe egr box,
but it appears to be very tight.

The pipes on the new replacement banjo bolts look to have a larger OD and are
longer.  That plus a rubber fuel hose instead of the original plastic line
makes it too big to fit around the egr box it looks like.  The only real
solution appears to be to move the pump or the egr box slightly.  It looks like
there is enough room to shim the egr box away from the pump by about 1/2 inch,
so thats what I am going to try.  The pump can go inwards into the fender and
aft a little bit, but would require new brackets, which I really dont want to
make...

Ive seen a few pics of alternate orientation of the top banjo bolt and a later
pump that has the top banjo bolt perpedicular to the bottom one, so it looks to
be a common problem.  But I think there is a way around it.

Thanks again for the help.

Frank
'72 Stag

Sent from my iPad