[TR] The Gift of a Triumph

To: Triumph Mail List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] The Gift of a Triumph
From: Hoyt Duff <hoytduff@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2018 14:52:58 -0500
I met a new friend today. He owns a TR3 and has owned it for about 35
years, He did a restoration on it a while back and talked to me about
doing some maintenance on this treasure  because he wants to give it
to his daughter, who is graduating from college this spring.

I reminded him that giving someone a TR3, especially someone not
mechanical inclined, is not necessarily a gift of love.

We discussed some ways in which the TR3 could be a more reliable car
for his daughter. It would not be her primary transportation, just
something to occasionally enjoy, but not become a maintenance burden
or morph into just another non-running TR3 laid up in someone's
garage.

It is bone stock. I have a few ideas about what might be changed to
make it more suitable for a gift, but I'd appreciate some ideas from
the list since what I would do for my TR# might be very different from
what might be best for this young TR3 owner.

--
Hoyt
** triumphs@autox.team.net **