[TR] TR3 oil pumps

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR3 oil pumps
From: Q <HDRider570@att.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2019 19:25:21 -0800
As I recall the problem was that the replacement pumps rotor was only
pressed onto the shaft.  The original pumps are pressed and have a dowel
pin pressed through.

Under use at high RPM's the rotor would move on the shaft eventually
wearing the fit enough that the rotor would slip at all speeds and not
move oil under pressure through the system.

You should be able to see the pin under magnification, it is ground
flush with the surface of the rotor as I recall.

Edward Hamer
** triumphs@autox.team.net **