Re: [TR] Stag

To: triumphs@autox.team.net,david hammond <dbh97530@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] Stag
From: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com> YrIhA4llajQmpPLq77lOWVKIH+pPXtihlK04QGx9X6eowgYUBZZuqvAknJ0+B/+IExqpWuzDsZnNToRaOM6g2RHNhZ1RzHJc0ez4pOCs5lELI3oHfuoJ0uqp XPzrUVVorOTzvo9TLlyTJg==
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2019 16:03:22 -0700

------NC9KLWD7RWC58ZCQS05F0VL3RY91C9
 charset=utf-8

I'm fond of the little square Facet pumps=2E They seem to be dead reliable,=
 never seen one fail, and are available in a pressure rating for almost any=
 application=2E  Stag #1 is wearing one in 2=2E5 psi to suit original carbs=
=2E

The downside is that they make noise all the time (don't stop clicking lik=
e the original SU pump)=2E And it can be kind of loud if you attach them di=
rectly to sheet metal=2E=20

I made up a simple double isolation mount for the Stag though, and I can't=
 hear the pump from the drivers seat with the engine running=2E Just a piec=
e of steel with original rubber mounts on one side to the original pump bra=
cket, and two more rubber mounts on the other side to the pump=2E

Last time I looked, Aircraft Spruce was cheapest source new=2E But I bough=
t a used one on eBay=2E (I also carry one in the spare tire as a backup for=
 the original TR3 mechanical pump, in case it fails=2E Also makes a usable =
transfer pump for when I need to loan someone fuel, or empty the tank for r=
epairs=2E)
-- Randall

On 5 April 2019 12:10:15 GMT-07:00, david hammond <dbh97530@gmail=2Ecom> w=
rote:
>I have installed a Holley 390 carb in my stag=2E The directions for
>install say fuel pressure should be 5-7 psi, more than the stock setup=2E
>I am curious as to what others have use as a fuel pump=2E=20
>David in Oregon=20
>
>Sent from my iPhone
>** triumphs@autox=2Eteam=2Enet **
>
>Donate: http://www=2Eteam=2Enet/donate=2Ehtml
>Archive: http://www=2Eteam=2Enet/pipermail/triumphs=20
>http://www=2Eteam=2Enet/archive
>
>Unsubscribe/Manage:
>http://autox=2Eteam=2Enet/mailman/options/triumphs/tr3driver@ca=2Err=2Eco=

------NC9KLWD7RWC58ZCQS05F0VL3RY91C9
 charset=utf-8

seem to be dead reliable, never seen one fail, and are available in a press=
ure rating for almost any application=2E  Stag #1 is wearing one in 2=2E5 p=
si to suit original carbs=2E<br><br>The downside is that they make noise al=
l the time (don't stop clicking like the original SU pump)=2E And it can be=
 kind of loud if you attach them directly to sheet metal=2E <br><br>I made =
up a simple double isolation mount for the Stag though, and I can't hear th=
e pump from the drivers seat with the engine running=2E Just a piece of ste=
el with original rubber mounts on one side to the original pump bracket, an=
d two more rubber mounts on the other side to the pump=2E<br><br>Last time =
I looked, Aircraft Spruce was cheapest source new=2E But I bought a used on=
e on eBay=2E (I also carry one in the spare tire as a backup for the origin=
al TR3 mechanical pump, in case it fails=2E Also makes a usable transfer pu=
mp for when I need to loan someone fuel, or empty the tank for repairs=2E)<=
T-07:00, david hammond &lt;dbh97530@gmail=2Ecom&gt; wrote:<blockquote class=
=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0=2E8ex; border-left: 1px sol=
id rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;">
<pre class=3D"k9mail">I have installed a Holley 390 carb in my stag=2E The=
 directions for install say fuel pressure should be 5-7 psi, more than the =
stock setup=2E I am curious as to what others have use as a fuel pump=2E <b=
http://www=2Eteam=2Enet/donate=2Ehtml</a><br>Archive: <a href=3D"http://www=
=2Eteam=2Enet/pipermail/triumphs">http://www=2Eteam=2Enet/pipermail/triumph=
s</a>  <a href=3D"http://www=2Eteam=2Enet/archive";>http://www=2Eteam=2Enet/=
/mailman/options/triumphs/tr3driver@ca=2Err=2Ecom">http://autox=2Eteam=2Ene=