[TR] Was 1st Gear, Now Clutch and T/O bearing

To: "Triumphs (triumphs@autox.team.net)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Was 1st Gear, Now Clutch and T/O bearing
From: Rochlin Robert <rrochlin@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 08:54:34 -0400
        After thinking about it Iâ??ve decided to pull the transmission and
replace it with a rebuilt spare Iâ??ve got so as to get back on the road as
quickly as possible.  My plan is to take the ailing transmission to Quantum
Mechanics and have John Esposito sort out the problem if itâ??s nor obvious
what I take off the cover . Iâ??ll let the list know what the problem is once
Iâ??ve got it corrected.
        Since Iâ??m gong to have the transmission out, and it hasnâ??t been out
in years, Iâ??m going to address the clutch and T/O bearing. The TR6 has a
heavy clutch and mine has not been made easier by the preload spring on the
Gunst bearing Iâ??ve go installed.  The Gunst bearing has been great at
providing smooth clutch action, but does increase the clutch pressure somewhat.
        My questions are:  Has anyone successfully used the Gunst bearing
without the preload spring?  And, has anyone had success in lighting the clutch
feel of their TR6 by using another clutch set up. I see that the new carriers
are bronze, which Iâ??m sure goes a long way to preventing â??sticky clutchâ??
but with the clutch setups Iâ??ve had over time none has lightened to clutch
feel.  Has anyone had success with the TRF magic clutch set up?
        Thanks in advance.
        Best,
        Bob
** triumphs@autox.team.net **