Re: [TR] Electric Fuel Pump Recommendations

To: "Triumphs (triumphs@autox.team.net)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Electric Fuel Pump Recommendations
From: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2019 11:14:21 -0400
The data can be found here:  https://www.facet-purolator.com/tech-information/

For my Spitfire, I bought the lowest pressure one that they listed. (I
forget which number)   Standard cube - don't forget the Facet filter!
https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/eppages/facetpumps3.php

I mounted it in the engine compartment on a strut between the firewall
and the radiator mount.  Connected it to a toggle switch in the car.
I just turned it on for hot starting - or after a long time sitting -
then let the standard pump take over.  Plumbed through the existing
mechanical pump...yes, I knew the shortcomings, but if the seals fail,
you are going to pump fuel into the oil even without an electric pump
- did that 45 years ago...

If I was going to run the electric pump exclusively, I'd for sure wire
a safety switch in the circuit.

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

** triumphs@autox.team.net **