Re: [TR] TR 2/3 fuel shut-off tap.

To: "'Angelo Graham'" <agraham@execulink.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR 2/3 fuel shut-off tap.
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 20:49:51 -0700
> Just wondering if anyone has had recent experience in dealing
> with the fuel shut-off tap?

Not exactly recent; long time ago I replaced the cork with a short length of
nitrile (ethanol-safe) "rubber" fuel line.  I forget the size, just dug
through my collection until I found a piece that fit the hole snugly.

It was a bit finicky to adjust, only a tiny movement was enough to go from
not tight enough (weeping) to so tight I couldn't move the valve.  But once
I found the sweet spot and snugged up the locknut, it lasted many years.
That had to be around 1983 or so, seems like maybe I adjusted it once more
some time before 2000.  Then in 2008, when I moved the valve from the
wrecked TR3A to my current TR3, I adjusted it again.  It still doesn't leak.

-- Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **