[TR] 62 TR4 Temp Gauge

To: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] 62 TR4 Temp Gauge
From: "Jim Henningsen" <trguy75@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 19:06:47 -0400
Question.  I am still having a challenge with the electric temperature gauge
on my 62 TR4.  I am now thinking it might be a bad gauge.  As soon as I
start running the engine the temp gauge pegs to max.  I know by the laser
temp gun I have that it is not running above 165 on the coolant in the
radiator.  I swapped the original voltage stabilizer for a new neg ground
one and it still does the same thing.  I replaced the temp sending unit and
no change.  Bad gauge?  It worked a few years back in 2012 before I took the
car off the road for a restoration.  Does Nisonger rebuild these smaller
gauges?
Thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Jim Henningsen
Ocala FL