Re: [TR] TR4 Hood Badge

To: Keith Stewart <keithstewart@bell.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 Hood Badge
From: Don Hiscock <don.hiscock@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 14:39:35 -0600
Cc: Triumphs <Triumphs@autox.team.net>

--00000000000045a96c059ecb8e9f

Plastic inserts sounds about right for TR4-era, especially later in its
run.  Here are the spring metal inserts my TR3B had originally.
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-w8Vvgjr/0/ea2975fc/X5/i-w8Vvgjr-X5.jpg

On Mon, Feb 17, 2020 at 2:32 PM Keith Stewart <keithstewart@bell.net> wrote:

> The original securing mechanism was small plastic inserts (like those
> ground bullet connectors that have a hole through the bottom for the ground
> wire to protrude and bend over). Once the hole(s) is elongated, these would
> not work but spire nuts as John suggests or spring clips should hold it
> secure.
>

> Keith Stewart
> keithstewart@bell.net

 later in its run.=C2=A0 Here are the spring metal inserts my TR3B had orig=
inally.<div><a href=3D"https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-w8Vvgjr/0/ea2975=
fc/X5/i-w8Vvgjr-X5.jpg">https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-w8Vvgjr/0/ea297=
"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Mon, Feb 17, 2020 at=
 2:32 PM Keith Stewart &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:keithstewart@bell.net";>keithst=
yle=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padd=
ing-left:1ex">The original securing mechanism was small plastic inserts (li=
ke those ground bullet connectors that have a hole through the bottom for t=
he ground wire to protrude and bend over). Once the hole(s) is elongated, t=
hese would not work but spire nuts as John suggests or spring clips should =
hold it secure.<br>
Keith Stewart<br>
l.net</a><br>
-----Original Message-----<br>
I agree with Bill Beecher. Elongate one of the holes with a round needle fi=
le and then touch in the bare metal with a small dab of of body colour to i=
mpede rust. The retaining spire clips will hold it tight and snug.<br>
** <a href=3D"mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank">triumphs@au=
tox.team.net</a> **<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs"; rel=3D"noreferr=
er" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>=C2=A0 <a h=