[TR] Gasket sealant for sump

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Gasket sealant for sump
From: Dean Mericas <dmericas@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2020 19:22:33 -0500
Iâ??m resealing the engine and transmission on my TR4 after 20 years of
reliable service.

Today I had a massive failure installing the sump gasket using Hylotyte Red100
sealant. It seems to have weakened the gasket to the point that it tore around
several bolt holes as I torqued the bolts.

Plan B is to thoroughly clean the mating surfaces and use Permatex Ultra Gray,
which Iâ??ve generally had good luck with on my Alfa Romeos.

Before I do that, I wanted to see if any of you can recommend other sealants
for this purpose. I only want to do it one more time.

Thanks.

Dean
1965 TR-4
Sent from my iPad