Re: [TR] How did the factory add on factory options

To: "mdporter@dfn.com" <mdporter@dfn.com>, "triumphstag@gmail.com" <triumphstag@gmail.com>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] How did the factory add on factory options
From: DAVID MASSEY <dave1massey@cs.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 18:32:36 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_1950098_966004257.1591295556345

 Domestic manufacturers have been synchronizing the supply chain to the pro=
duction schedule for many years.=C2=A0 Quite some time ago I worked for a c=
ompany that acquired additional warehouse space that was formerly occupied =
buy a company that sequenced rear axles for the nearby Chrysler plant.=C2=
=A0 Many vehicles, trucks, for example, can be ordered with different rear =
axle options such as open vs limited slip or one of several gear ratio opti=
ons.=C2=A0 This company would receive various shipments of axles of the ava=
ilable options and they would repalletize them to match the production sche=
dule.
Triumph didn't have many options and many, such as radios, were dealer inst=
alled.=C2=A0 But you could order the optional overdrive transmission or you=
 could order wire wheels and these would be installed on the assembly line.=
=C2=A0 This usually worked well but sometimes it didn't.=C2=A0 John Macartn=
ey has an amusing story about this which I will let him tell as I probably =
couldn't do it justice.
=20
Dave=20

=20