Re: [TR] Perplexing A-Type OD Problem

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Perplexing A-Type OD Problem
From: Anthony Rhodes <spamiam@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2020 14:51:51 -0400
When you say â??digitalâ??.   Do you really mean microprocessor-controlled or
just generally â??solid-stateâ??

I certainly agree that four failures in a row suggests something is funky with
your power, and you may have high voltage spikes coming from somewhere that is
damaging the electronics in the regulator.

True digital, microprocessor-controlled, is very very sensitive to voltage
spikes.

Analog solid-state regulators are substantially more durable, but they still
need really good spike protection with some BIG fat components to handle the
spike power.

When I had a really bad sparkplug wire (or several) it must have been making
some seriously high voltage spikes which took out the old original voltage
stabilizer and in old original coil.

-Tony

> On Jun 27, 2020, at 2:04 PM, triumphs-request@autox.team.net wrote:
>
> Message: 13
> Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2020 09:17:38 -0500
> From: "dave" <dave@ranteer.com>
> To: "'Triumphs List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> Subject: Re: [TR] Perplexing A-Type OD Problem
>
> That would suggest to me that you have a power issue.

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html

Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/mharc@autox.team.net