Re: [TR] wire wheel differences

To: triumphs@autox.team.net jSpxHGonMzBy35/DplPtTFA+AUFtHan9B6zZRze9u7CZr5Ws/W7wdSOEBAMxMTeDay1ULGMaxDQ3KA==
Subject: Re: [TR] wire wheel differences
From: Frank Magnusson <fmags@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 16:45:00 -0500
Regarding the special Stag lacing pattern,

I looked at my Stag and another car I have with the more standard 60 spoke wire
wheel this morning.

On the 60 spoke wheel, the spokes at the base of the hub criss-cross to the rim
as do the spokes at the top of the hub.

On the Stag wire wheel, which is 72 spoke, the spokes at the base criss-cross
to the rim, but the spokes at the top of the hub do not; they go straight out
to the rim.  I don't think other 72 spoke wheels do that; I believe that they
are unique to the Stag, but not 100% sure on that.

Frank

** triumphs@autox.team.net **