Re: [TR] TR4 Windshield Install

To: Lee&John Howard <leejohn7@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 Windshield Install
From: bill beecher <notakitcar@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2021 19:35:36 -0600
Cc: triumph list list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I remember my TR3 windscreen giving me fits, I carried it to a local auto glass
shop they did the install for a minimal amount.
Bill B
TS30800L

#dontkillgrandma

On Jan 1, 2021, at 6:27 PM, Lee&John Howard <leejohn7@gmail.com> wrote:

It's been a while since I've come to the list for help, but this has me almost
beaten.

I purchased a new windshield and gasket from VB on their final pre-Moss day as
I had a gift card that would have become useless the day after
I've spent the last few hours trying to fit the gasket on the glass, supposedly
the easiest part of the job. Not for me!   I'm 99% sure I have the gasket
oriented correctly and the thing simply does not rest snugly in place, but
rather is loose at both ends.  The last time I did this job was on the Stag,
and the rubber settled in very nicely around the glass. ( Setting the
windshield back in place was another story. )

Has anyone had this problem with VB windshield kits?  Should I call it another
bad buy and try anew with one from TRF?

Thanks for your input, and Happy New Year.

John Howard

--

 415 891 8406

** triumphs@autox.team.net **