Re: [TR] TR4A IRS Suspension Question

To: David Brady <dmb993@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4A IRS Suspension Question
From: Sujit Roy <triumphstag@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 19:22:11 -0700
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>

--00000000000001991305be5316bc

Can the engine rotation cause one side to lean more. I've heard that about
Stags

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021, 7:14 PM David Brady <dmb993@earthlink.net> wrote:

> When you figure this out, please let us know. I've had the same question
> about my TR250. In my case the steer and drive axles on the right hand side
> are quarter inch or so higher than the left. Correct or not, I attribute
> this to these cars being setup as RHD and Triumph tweaking the right side
> slightly higher to attribute for pilot weight. Of course, this doesn't help
> things on this side of the pond.
>
> David Brady
> '68 TR250
> CD8124L

"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Wed, Mar 24, 2021, 7:14 PM David Brady &lt;<a=
 href=3D"mailto:dmb993@earthlink.net";>dmb993@earthlink.net</a>&gt; wrote:<b=
r></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border=
-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">When you figure this out, please let=
 us know. I&#39;ve had the same question about my TR250. In my case the ste=
er and drive axles on the right hand side are quarter inch or so higher tha=
n the left. Correct or not, I attribute this to these cars being setup as R=
HD and Triumph tweaking the right side slightly higher to attribute for pil=
ot weight. Of course, this doesn&#39;t help things on this side of the pond=
.<br>
David Brady<br>
&#39;68 TR250<br>
CD8124L<br>
-----Original Message-----<br>
&gt;From: Jim Henningsen &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:trguy75@gmail.com"; target=3D=
"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">trguy75@gmail.com</a>&gt;<br>
&gt;Sent: Mar 23, 2021 8:06 PM<br>
&gt;To: <a href=3D"mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank" rel=3D=
"noreferrer">triumphs@autox.team.net</a><br>
&gt;Subject: [TR] TR4A IRS Suspension Question<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;Ok, just finished redoing front and rear suspension on my 67 4A IRS.<br=

&gt;Complete disassembly, clean, repaint, new urethane bushings, tie rod en=
ds,<br>
&gt;trunnions, etc.=C2=A0 New comp springs ( 1 inch lower) all corners, new=
 stock<br>
&gt;tubes shocks up front and new KYB gas shocks on the tube shock conversi=
on<br>
&gt;brackets for the IRS.=C2=A0 Reinstalled all alignment shims as installe=
d as the<br>
&gt;car drove pretty straight.=C2=A0 Urethane packings on springs. <br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;After completing, I noticed that all four corners have a slightly diffe=
rent<br>
&gt;ride height when measured from garage floor to bottom on fender lip at<=
br>
&gt;center of each wheel.=C2=A0 Left front: 26 3/4 inches, Right front: 26 =
1/4, Left<br>
&gt;rear: 27 3/8, right rear: 27 7/8.=C2=A0 I think the higher rear height =
is coming<br>
&gt;from the tube shock conversion as it was lower with the levers.=C2=A0 =
=C2=A0 So about<br>
&gt;a half inch off each side.=C2=A0 =C2=A0I don&#39;t recall having this i=
ssue when I redid<br>
&gt;my TR6, but that was a while ago.=C2=A0 =C2=A0Rears also have stock tra=
iling arm<br>
&gt;brackets (one and two notch brackets on each side - believe these are<b=
r>
&gt;original from new given history of the car).=C2=A0 <br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;Looking for help on next steps before bringing it in for an alignment.=
=C2=A0 Will<br>
&gt;alignment correct height difference or do I need to add 1/2 inch spacer=
s on<br>
&gt;lower sides.=C2=A0 I am going to put uprated valved levers back on rear=
 to<br>
&gt;eliminate the extra height in rear.=C2=A0 <br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;Any help appreciated.=C2=A0 =C2=A0<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;Thanks<br>
&gt;Jim Henningsen<br>
&gt;Ocala FL<br>