[TR] New TR3A owner

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] New TR3A owner
From: "Jim Henningsen" <trguy75@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 19:19:32 -0400
List:
I successfully convinced my neighbor to buy a new to him 1958 TR3A.  Great
to have a new first time TR owner, especially here in Ocala, FL.  Car
arrived today and of course it crapped out on him after 10 miles. Luckily
right in front of his house.  We got the car back into his garage before the
rain came.  Car cranks over fine just won't run.  It literally just died on
him at a stop sign after the ten mile drive.  12.2 volts at the battery, but
11.4 on the coil with ignition on.  Positive ground car.  Is 11.4 normal at
the coil to start or is it losing voltage from ignition switch to coil.
White wires from ignition switch look nice and tight.  With ignition switch
on,  it also has 11.4 volts at white wires on second fuse on the fuse box.

Just wanted to confirm 11.4 seems ok to start this puppy before I dig into
points, condenser, rotor, cap and wires.  I don't think it is fuel as I
sprayed starter fluid in the carbs and still nothing.

Thanks,
Jim "I need spark" Henningsen
Ocala FL

** triumphs@autox.team.net **