[TR] TR3A rear main seal w/ engine in

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR3A rear main seal w/ engine in
From: Art McEwen <artwmcewen@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 13:03:02 -0400
Can a vitron seal be installed while the engine is in place if the gearbox is
out?

When I put the car up for winter storage I pulled the gearbox for a rebuild but
I quickly realized most of the oil leakage was from the rear main crank seal.
However the winter storage area is gravel beside the garage without room to get
an engine lift to the front (or maneuver it well on gravel).  Alternatively,
Iâ??d have to push the car up hill into the garage (all my car friends are
distant and/or old).

Is it wishful thinking to contemplate pulling the pan and loosening the crank
bolts to install the vitron upgraded seal from underneath?

Thanks,

Art
** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html