Re: [TR] Door trim clips

To: dave northrup <dave@ranteer.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] Door trim clips
From: Greg Lemon <grglmn@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 19:10:56 -0500
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>

--0000000000006bcd1505df15dcab

Ok, pictures seem to have reversed, the one with more bend in the
unattached end is modified.

Greg

On Sun, May 15, 2022, 7:09 PM Greg Lemon <grglmn@gmail.com> wrote:

> Interesting, thanks, I am not the most patient, I tried modifying my clip
> in the most troubsome location.  Put an additional bend, it popped in and
> has stayed through several experimental door slams.  Top pic is modified
>
> On Sun, May 15, 2022, 6:48 PM dave northrup <dave@ranteer.com> wrote:
>
>> We saw a presentation by a custom shop.   They attached (glued) heavy
>> duty magnets to the door panels, and attached then that way.   Also
>> infinitely adjustable.

s=3D"gmail_attr">On Sun, May 15, 2022, 7:09 PM Greg Lemon &lt;<a href=3D"ma=
 class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc soli=
d;padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"auto">Interesting, thanks, I am not the mos=
t patient, I tried modifying my clip in the most troubsome location.=C2=A0 =
Put an additional bend, it popped in and has stayed through several experim=
ental door slams.=C2=A0 Top pic is modified</div><br><div class=3D"gmail_qu=
ote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sun, May 15, 2022, 6:48 PM da=
ve northrup &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:dave@ranteer.com"; target=3D"_blank" rel=
=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padd=
ing-left:1ex">

We saw a presentation by a custom shop.=C2=A0 =C2=A0They attached (glued) h=
eavy duty magnets to the door panels, and attached then that way.=C2=A0 =C2=
=A0Also infinitely adjustable.
rrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">grglmn@gmail.com</a>&gt; </div>
eferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">triumphs@autox.team.net</a>&gt; </div=

0, I think TR6 and others too.=C2=A0 =C2=A0When I fit my new panels (over 1=
0 years ago) I had to fight to get them to stay put, as the trim material w=
as maybe thicker than original, and so the clips
 wouldn&#39;t fully recess and hold the panel on like the should, or they p=
op out when you close the door.
g it, anybody make a better clip?=C2=A0 Looks like there are similar in pri=
nciple clips available for Ford and maybe others, but without trying hard t=
o say which will work.</div>
olution?</div>

--0000000000006bcd1505df15dcab--

--===============4166197499314965073==