[TR] Fuel gage / sending unit issue - Spit bodied GT6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Fuel gage / sending unit issue - Spit bodied GT6
From: aribert neumann <aribertn@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 20:46:55 -0400

--00000000000002626a05eacbbbc6

Greetings all.   Long time since I've posted, my car has, up till
yesterday, been behaving itself nicely.   Yesterday the driver's door glass
dropped off of the window regulator as I was trying to wind up the window
prior to backing out of the garage.  Then later the same day the fuel gauge
suddenly displayed well past a full tank.  The tank is at about 1/3 to 1/2
full.

The water temp gauge is reading correctly so I am thinking the bimetal
voltage stabilizer is OK.  I checked the connections at both the tank and
gage.  I checked that the ground lead at the tank was grounded.   I am
measuring about 67ohm across the sending unit terminals.   The Bently
manual is worthless on this subject - simply stating that there is no
repair to either gage or sending unit and replacement is the repair
method.  No resistance values given for empty and full tank.  Frustrating.
Before I order a fuel tank sending unit, does anyone know what the ballpark
resistance values might be?   What am I forgetting to check?

TIA.   Off in digest mode awaiting your answers.

--00000000000002626a05eacbbbc6

, my car has, up till yesterday, been behaving itself nicely.=C2=A0 =C2=A0Y=
esterday the driver&#39;s door glass dropped off of the window regulator as=
 I was trying to wind up the window prior to backing out of the garage.=C2=
=A0 Then later=C2=A0the same day the fuel gauge suddenly displayed well pas=
t a full tank.=C2=A0 The tank is at about 1/3 to 1/2 full.=C2=A0=C2=A0<div>=
thinking the=C2=A0bimetal voltage stabilizer is OK.=C2=A0 I checked the con=
nections at both the tank and gage.=C2=A0 I checked that the ground lead at=
 the tank was grounded.=C2=A0 =C2=A0I am measuring about 67ohm=C2=A0across =
the sending unit terminals.=C2=A0 =C2=A0The Bently manual is worthless on t=
his subject - simply stating that there is no repair to either gage or send=
ing unit and replacement is the repair method.=C2=A0 No resistance values g=
iven for empty and full tank.=C2=A0 Frustrating.=C2=A0 Before I order a fue=
l tank sending unit, does anyone know what the ballpark resistance values m=
ight be?=C2=A0 =C2=A0What am I forgetting to check?=C2=A0 =C2=A0</div><div>=
div></div>

--00000000000002626a05eacbbbc6--

--===============6451267598029894536==

** triumphs@autox.team.net **