Re: [TR] Thanks & follow-up - Spit bodied GT6 fuel gage issues

To: "aribertn@gmail.com" <aribertn@gmail.com>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Thanks & follow-up - Spit bodied GT6 fuel gage issues
From: DAVID MASSEY <dave1massey@cs.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2022 12:41:16 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_1320795_924388080.1665664876249

=20

Thinking out loud - I don't have a variable DC voltage device.=C2=A0 If I w=
ere to plug a DC output transformer (wall-wart, have plenty of those) into =
an AC variac (have)=C2=A0I should be able to dial in a desired DC output vo=
ltage - yes?=C2=A0 =C2=A0
 This will not work.=C2=A0 The wall-warts (plug-in DC power supplies) are v=
oltage regulated and will put out a constant voltage over a range of input =
voltage.=C2=A0 Once you drop below a minimum it will just shut off.
If you can find 100 ohm variable resistor you can simulate the tank sending=
 unit and test the gauge that way using a plug-in power supply.
It occurred to me recently that you could swap the fuel and temp gauges but=
 I see you are way ahead of me.=C2=A0 Following up you can connect the fuel=
 gauge to the temp sender and take a test drive and see if the fuel gauge r=
eads in a manner similar to what you would expect from the temp gauge.
=20
Dave=20

=20
=20