Re: [TR] Trickle chargers and drills

To: Joel Justin <j_bar_j@hotmail.com>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Trickle chargers and drills
From: DAVE HOGYE <dlhogye@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2022 21:15:27 -0700 (PDT)

------=_Part_2142899_784052975.1667016927156

I've been using Makita 18V 4.0ah and 5ah cordless tools.  Drill, Impact driver,
Circular saw and light use chain saw.   Good tools, no problems and now
multiple batteries to rotate among the bunch.  The batteries will lock you into
a certain manufacturer and keep buying products within that generation of
battery.
I've been using three of the original trickle style Battery Tender chargers for
many years and leave them on vehicles, cars, trucks and motorcycles, for
months.  Somewhat recently, I purchased what might be one of the Junior models.
 It also gets used for long periods.  I'll keep a closer eye on that one now,
but it seems to be working excellently.
These maintenance chargers should not be used to bring low charge or dead
batteries back to life.
First use a standard higher amperage charger before switching to a maintenance
charger.
Dave H.

>     On 10/28/2022 3:22 PM Joel Justin <j_bar_j@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>     I love the Milwaukee M12 tools. They're small and light and there are
> lots of great tools to buy. My favorite is the electric ratchet. But I've
> also got a regular and right-angle drill, a soldering iron, a rotary (Dremel)
> tool, a band saw and a reciprocating saw. Heck, I even splurged and bought a
> powered grease gun! Anyway, lots of expansion possibilities, from a well
> known brand that you know will be around for a long time.
>
>     I use Battery Tender Juniors on all my non-daily driver vehicles and have
> never had a problem.
>
>     Joel Justin...
>

>     ** triumphs@autox.team.net **
>
>     Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>     Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs
> http://www.team.net/archive
>
>     Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/dlhogye@comcast.net

------=_Part_2142899_784052975.1667016927156

<!doctype html>
 <head>
 </head>
color: #333333;">
Makita 18V 4.0ah and 5ah cordless tools.&nbsp; Drill, Impact driver, Circular
saw and light use chain saw.&nbsp; &nbsp;Good tools, no problems and now
multiple batteries to rotate among the bunch.&nbsp; The batteries will lock you
into a certain manufacturer and keep buying products within that generation of
battery.&nbsp;&nbsp;</span>
color: #333333;" class="default-style">
of the original trickle style Battery Tender chargers for many years and leave
them on vehicles, cars, trucks and motorcycles, for months.&nbsp; Somewhat
recently, I purchased what might be one of the Junior models.&nbsp; It also
gets used for long periods.&nbsp; I'll keep a closer eye on that one now, but
it seems to be working excellently.&nbsp;&nbsp;</span>
color: #333333;" class="default-style">
chargers should not be used to bring low charge or dead batteries back to
life.</span>
color: #333333;" class="default-style">
higher amperage charger before switching to a maintenance
charger.&nbsp;&nbsp;</span>
color: #333333;" class="default-style">
sans-serif; font-size: 14pt; color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff;">
[...]
color: #000000;">
http://www.team.net/archive

--===============7427167489803372368==

** triumphs@autox.team.net **