Re: [TR] Calling anyone with transmission rebuilding experience - 2nd at

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Calling anyone with transmission rebuilding experience - 2nd attempt, part2
From: Paul Tegler <ptegler@verizon.net> mail.backend.jedi.jws.acl:role.jedi.acl.token.atz.jws.hermes.aol
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2023 16:49:20 -0400

--------------Q0dOxqpcEoJVgm5Etk2XDM05

In prep for stacking gears on the main shaft, you need to pre-install
the bushes to determine the required thickness of the circlip You se the
clearance by selecting the right thickness washer.  As stated all too
often you need to RTFM.   improper assy will be short lived. You'll be
pulling the tranny again MUCH sooner than expected as 2nd gear CRUNCH
will not be avoidable when the clip goes out again. You even need to pay
attention to which side of the clip faces the splines. The SQUARE edge
needs to face the spline lips.
The rounded one leads to exactly what has destroyed your shaft as pictured

ptegler

--
Paul Tegler
ptegler@verizon.net   www.teglerizer.com

--------------Q0dOxqpcEoJVgm5Etk2XDM05

  <head>
  </head>
      pre-install the bushes to determine the required thickness of the
      circlip You se the clearance by selecting the right thickness
      washer.  As stated all too often you need to RTFM.   improper assy
      will be short lived. You'll be pulling the tranny again MUCH
      sooner than expected as 2nd gear CRUNCH will not be avoidable when
      the clip goes out again. You even need to pay attention to which
      side of the clip faces the splines. The SQUARE edge needs to face
      the spline lips.<br>
      The rounded one leads to exactly what has destroyed your shaft as
      pictured</p>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CAGkVM2_qddwDt8R2M5Wx1mGzUgXgX1kQH6noupRw_yA7JqY-BQ@mail.gmail.com">
            replacement main shaft is oversize in a couple of places.
             The diameter under the 2nd &amp; 3rd gear bushings (I have
[...]
            nose of the old, worn mainshaft<br>
              mode awaiting your responses.  Trying to formulate a new
              plan of attack for Monday morning.</div>
      <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";>triumphs@autox.team.net</a> **

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>
  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>