Re: [TR] Looking for a replacement for the gasket in my TR4A gas cap.

To: Dave Connitt <dconnitt@fuse.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Looking for a replacement for the gasket in my TR4A gas cap.
From: Greg Lemon <grglmn@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 06:10:30 -0500
Cc: TR3/6 <Triumphs@autox.team.net>

--000000000000d9eedf05f78f538a

TR4A as daily driver-yeah!  I daily drive my 4A into the early 90s, which
was a long time ago now, but still it was a bit antiquated by the time it
was retired from daily duties.  Surprisingly good for the purpose.  Would
have done it longer, but Midwest winters did it no good, and hot summers
and no a/c did me no good back in the day when everybody who worked in an
office wore a coat and tie.

Have fun!

How fast does the Hyundai get into dead mode?  Can you pretend it is an
electric card and plug it into a low amp charger every night until it gets
fixed!

Greg Lemon
TR250

On Wed, Mar 22, 2023, 7:29 PM Dave Connitt <dconnitt@fuse.net> wrote:

> Hi again,
> So after talking to Albert at The Roadster Factory I have another gasket
> on its way and we=E2=80=99ll NOT be traveling via USPS.
> Many thanks for all the great ideas.
> The plot thickens as my wife=E2=80=99s 2019 Tucson has a parasitic batter=
y drain.
> Remember the 10 year/100,000 mile warranty thing? Well, the good news is
> that this is most likely covered under the bumper to bumper warranty. The
> bad news is that I can=E2=80=99t find a Hyundai dealer that can get to it=
 earlier
> that April 26.! I wonder what the odds are of them having the parts once
> they figure out what the problem is?
> So now my TR4A is starting to look like a daily driver.
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Mar 22, 2023, at 4:15 PM, William Pugh <anabil007@comcast.net> wrote=
:

> > =EF=BB=BFgo to a good hardware store and or auto store =E2=80=A6 show t=
hem what you
> need=E2=80=A690% will have it.
> >

> >> On Mar 22, 2023, at 9:16 AM, Don Hiscock <don.hiscock@gmail.com> wrote=
:

> >> Maybe hand-cut a seal from a sheet of fuel-resistant rubber?  Maybe
> even wet-strength solid unbleached kraft paperboard -- like the kind used
> in beverage carriers -- would be the real MacGyver solution.  It would
> quite likely work very well, and certainly cost notalot.
> >>
> >> On Wed, Mar 22, 2023 at 10:59=E2=80=AFAM Dave Connitt <dconnitt@fuse.n=
et>
> wrote:
> >> Hi All,
> >> Has anyone out there had to replace the gasket in their TR4A gas cap?
> Mine is leaking. I ordered a replacement gasket from the Roadster Factory
> but it=E2=80=99s lost in shipment somewhere. I need a replacement sooner =
than what
> the US Postal Service can provide.
> >> In other words, I need a Magiver solution!
> >> Thanks!
> >> Dave Connitt
> >>
> >> Sent from my iPhone
> >> ** triumphs@autox.team.net **
> >>
> >> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> >> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs
> http://www.team.net/archive
> >>
> >> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/don.hiscock@gmail.com
> >> ** triumphs@autox.team.net **
> >>
> >> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> >> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs
> http://www.team.net/archive
> >>
> >> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/anabil007@comcast.net
> >

> ** triumphs@autox.team.net **

> http://www.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/grglmn@gmail.com

--000000000000d9eedf05f78f538a

 into the early 90s, which was a long time ago now, but still it was a bit =
antiquated by the time it was retired from daily duties.=C2=A0 Surprisingly=
 good for the purpose.=C2=A0 Would have done it longer, but Midwest winters=
 did it no good, and hot summers and no a/c did me no good back in the day =
when everybody who worked in an office wore a coat and tie.<div dir=3D"auto=
=C2=A0 Can you pretend it is an electric card and plug it into a low amp ch=
ass=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Wed, Mar 22, 2=
023, 7:29 PM Dave Connitt &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:dconnitt@fuse.net";>dconnitt=
=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Hi again=
,<br>
So after talking to Albert at The Roadster Factory I have another gasket on=
 its way and we=E2=80=99ll NOT be traveling via USPS.<br>
Many thanks for all the great ideas. <br>
The plot thickens as my wife=E2=80=99s 2019 Tucson has a parasitic battery =
drain. Remember the 10 year/100,000 mile warranty thing? Well, the good new=
s is that this is most likely covered under the bumper to bumper warranty. =
The bad news is that I can=E2=80=99t find a Hyundai dealer that can get to =
it earlier that April 26.! I wonder what the odds are of them having the pa=
rts once they figure out what the problem is?<br>
So now my TR4A is starting to look like a daily driver.<br>
Sent from my iPhone<br>
&gt; On Mar 22, 2023, at 4:15 PM, William Pugh &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:anabil=
007@comcast.net" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">anabil007@comcast.net=
</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; =EF=BB=BFgo to a good hardware store and or auto store =E2=80=A6 show =
them what you need=E2=80=A690% will have it.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; On Mar 22, 2023, at 9:16 AM, Don Hiscock &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:don=
.hiscock@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">don.hiscock@gmail.=
com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; Maybe hand-cut a seal from a sheet of fuel-resistant rubber?=C2=A0=
 Maybe even wet-strength solid unbleached kraft paperboard -- like the kind=
 used in beverage carriers -- would be the real MacGyver solution.=C2=A0 It=
 would quite likely work very well, and certainly cost notalot.<br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; On Wed, Mar 22, 2023 at 10:59=E2=80=AFAM Dave Connitt &lt;<a href=
=3D"mailto:dconnitt@fuse.net"; target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">dconnitt=
@fuse.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt; Hi All,<br>
&gt;&gt; Has anyone out there had to replace the gasket in their TR4A gas c=
ap? Mine is leaking. I ordered a replacement gasket from the Roadster Facto=
ry but it=E2=80=99s lost in shipment somewhere. I need a replacement sooner=
 than what the US Postal Service can provide.<br>
&gt;&gt; In other words, I need a Magiver solution!<br>
&gt;&gt; Thanks!<br>
&gt;&gt; Dave Connitt<br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; Sent from my iPhone<br>